The idea of signing up a contract agreement can be quite intimidating. That’s why it is important that you understand the things that you need and the ones that you don’t before you get your company tied into anything. But for the most part, copier service contracts are beneficial and a great deal to include whenever you purchase or lease equipment. Just make sure that you get one that covers all your requirements.
When Considering a Copier Service Contract, Ask Yourself These:
- Will you be paying a fixed cost every month or year?
- Will you be paying extra if you exceed the usage volume?
- Does it already include the technician’s labor charges and cost of parts in case the equipment breaks down?
- Are the technicians readily available in case of a malfunction?
- How long will the contract last?
- Does it cover the consumables such as the toner and ink cartridges? Do you need to provide these materials yourself?
- Does the dealer provide a temporary replacement machine that you can use while your equipment is being fixed?
- Does the dealer provide a copy of the fine print?
The following are just some of the questions that you should ask yourself before deciding. The answers can help you determine if the dealer’s level of service is worth your time and money.
Things Included in a Copier Service Contract
The inclusions of a copier service contract vary from one provider to another. The best way to determine which one will work for you is to have a clear idea of what you need. In that way, you can also avoid getting disappointed or surprised by your service provider in the long run.
These are some of the things included in a service contract:
Some dealers may also replace parts when necessary. The main purpose of service contracts is to make it hassle-free for customers like you. When you don’t need to worry about your office supplies, machine repair, and regular maintenance, you’ll have more time to focus on your business.
Read the Fine Print
Of course, it will come with a fine print! And you should take the time to read it. You’ll thank yourself in the future if anything should come up. It is also where you will see information about overage fees, quarterly, or annual service fee increases, and exceptions of the contract.
If you see anything that you don’t like or understand, you can discuss it right away with your service provider. Although some dealers have strict compliance requirements, there are also those who are willing to customize their copier service contracts for you.
It is crucial that you read the fine print and understand what you are exactly billed for every month or year. And since there’s a plethora of copier dealers these days, it is also important that you choose the right one. Do your research and make sure that you’re getting the best deal. Take your time to shop around and negotiate.
If your location is around Miami, you may also visit Miami copier repair services