Copy machines are important equipments because they help businesses run smoother. Employees usually make hundreds of copies of documents on a daily basis. Some may find these modern machines intimidating but they are actually very easy to operate.
Here’s a guide on how to use a photocopier.
- Turn it on. To get started, check if the copy machine is plugged into a nearby outlet. If it’s.already plugged, push the power button. This is usually found on top of the copier or somewhere on the side.
- Fill the tray with paper. Place a ream of paper in the center of the tray. Make sure that it’s all aligned and not curled, wrinkled, or creased.
- Place your document on the copier. Place the document that you want to copy on the glass, facing downward. Follow the guide marks to make sure that it’s placed correctly.
- Select the number of copies you need. Select the number of copies using the digital display.
- Adjust color settings. Press buttons to select colored or black and white.
- paper size. Select the paper size that you need for your copies. The standard size is 8.5×11
- Press start. After pressing this button, the machine will start printing copies.
Common Issues with the Copier and How to Fix Them
From time to time you might encounter some problems when using the copier. However, there are many ways that you can fix them to make sure that the equipment is up and running.
These are some of the most common issues and what you can do to solve them:
- Paper jam. Paper can get caught up and cause damage to the copy machine . To avoid this, always check your paper size and make sure that it’s properly loaded.
- Dark or light copies. This might just be caused by the settings on your copier. To fix this, adjust your settings. If that doesn’t help, check the toner.
- Spots on pages. To get rid of spots, clean the copier glass then try making another copy. If there are still spots, call for service.
- Wrinkled pages. Wrinkled pages are usually caused by a worn feed or damaged fuser rollers. When you encounter this problem, contact a technician for assistance.
How to Maintain Photocopiers
Knowing how to take care of a photocopier is important to keep your business running smoothly. These are some of the things you can do to keep your machine in great working condition:
- Before cleaning your photocopier, make sure that it’s already turned off to avoid electrical accidents.
- Clean your copier regularly with a lint-free, nonabrasive cloth sprayed with glass cleaner. Thorough internal cleaning should also be done at least once a year. This includes cleaning the paper path and filters.
- Always use the right toner and paper for your copier.
- To avoid scratching the photocopier glass, make sure to removes staples and paper clips before scanning or copying documents.
- Load the paper properly to avoid paper jams, and never use wet or damp paper for your copier.
- Replace copier cartridges regularly.
- Hire a professional to do regular maintenance service checks. Doing so will significantly increase the life of your equipment because trained technicians can easily detect problems with your copier before they get worse. This is also the best way to avoid spending money on costly repairs.
- Read your copier’s user manual for other tips on how to properly care for your machine.