Plotter Repair: The Best Print Value
Plotters are high-precision printers that utilize line drawings instead of the dot matrix printing of regular copy machines and print on a surface using one or more colored pens rather than the traditional ink and toner method of traditional printers. Due to its advance printing capabilities however, a plotter machine needs regular maintenance and repairs to keep it running at peak performance for all your high-definition prints.
Unlike a regular printer machine or a copier, plotters can continuously draw high-resolution point-to-point line graphics and vector files guided by software specific files and functions.
Wide Format Printer Repair and Types
There are three types of plotters for a variety of applications:
- Drum plotters – a type of pen plotter that wraps paper around a drum with a pin feed attachment that turns to produce one direction of prints or plots while the automated pens move to provide the other direction.
- Flatbed plotters – a heavy-duty graphics plotter that contains a flat surface (flatbed) where the paper or canvas is laid. Depending on the required size of the print, a flatbed plotter size can range from a single movie poster to large scale bulletin boards.
- Electrostatic plotters – a sophisticated plotter that utilizes the effect of negatively charged papers or canvas to a positively charged toner. Modern versions of the electrostatic plotters are called large-format laser printers, which focuses light onto a charge drum using LEDs.
Plotters are the first type of printing machines able to produce the complete set of colors for graphic rendering and full-size engineering drawings. Mainly, Photo plotter machines are used in computer-aided-engineering (CAE) software, such as the Auto Computer-Aided Design (AutoCAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) – where errors in detail accuracy are fatal.
Plotters have a plethora of applications that maximize large scale image outputs and can also be used with many different types of media. Typical industry uses include:
- full maps
- architectural drawings
- macro art gallery prints and large photographs
billboard signs or POP advertisements in shops or marketplaces
Materials and media compatible for printing:
- coated paper
- adhesive paper
- billboard paper
- thermoplastic resins (PVC)
Plotter Repair Service and Maintenance
If your business requires an all-around machine that can work with large format files, then a plotter printer is what you need. Most plotter printers today come with hi-tech features like a built-in scanner, touch-screen interface, and a higher page per minute (PPM) yield to make complex projects easier to execute.
From time to time heavy-duty equipment requires repair/service time to extend its lifespan and avoid business interruptions due to a malfunction.
Large Format Printer Repair by Clear Choice Technical
Since the dawn of the printing press, many innovations and improvements have been made in technology to raise the bar on how we access better quality machines to fit all of our needs.
Today, plotter machines are referred as new traditional printing, which is only second to the newly commercialized 3D printing. In some parts of the trade, plotters are also called large format printers or wide format printers that are mainly used in advertising firms or any printing-related business.
For a business that makes cost-efficiency and consistency their top priority, take advantage of our large format printer repair services to keep your plotter machine in top production shape. Choose from our flexible terms and start investing in your company’s asset.
With a wide selection of office plotter brands and low payment options, choose Clear Choice Technical Services. Call 866 620 2287 and see our flexible leasing options now!