A copier is a machine that duplicates documents. They are an essential piece of equipment for any office, and every business owner knows how important it is to have one. However, when you upgrade your office copier, not only will the quality of copies improve dramatically, but productivity will increase as well! This post discusses the benefits of upgrading your office copier and has some helpful tips on what to look for in a new copy machine.
If you are looking for a Copier for your business, you may contact Clear Choice Technical Services You can ask about Copier Leasing Services, Copier rental services, IT Services, and even Copier Repair services.
What are the features of an office copier?
An office copier is a machine that duplicates documents. Most offices have them, and they are an essential piece of equipment for any business owner to have in their company. There are many different features that you can look for when purchasing or upgrading your current model:
- A scanner
- An automatic feeder with up to 100 copies at once
- Duplex printing (printing on both sides)
- Upgrades such as color printing, faxes, scanning capabilities
Why do we need to update our office copier?
There are various reasons that you may want to upgrade your office copier. The first reason is because of the cost – as technology improves, new copiers become cheaper and more efficient in printing costs per page.
The second reason for upgrading a current machine will be if it’s not up-to-date with today’s standards. Many modern-day copy machines offer color printing, duplexing (printing on both sides), scanning capabilities, and duplicating at high speeds! Your employees will feel like they have better equipment available to them, which can improve productivity levels.
How do we know when to upgrade our office copier?
There isn’t a set period when you must upgrade your office copier. Still, the average life cycle of a copy machine is about six years, and having to replace it due to wear and tear or broken parts (hence the high cost for repairs), there are good reasons why upgrading might be in order.
We recommend considering an upgrade if:
- You have weighty use of copies throughout your day
- The quality of prints can affect customer service levels by making documents illegible or hard to read
- Your current machine doesn’t provide printing on both sides which will save paper costs!
- If these three points apply, then now may be the best time to upgrade your office copier as this will.
What is involved during a new upgrade?
- a supplier will come out to assess your current machine’s life cycle, usage and makes an offer for an upgrade
- The new copier is delivered. If it needs installation, this can be done by the installer company, or you could do it yourself – some machines are straightforward to install
- There may also be additional costs such as software updates, training of employees on using the function keys etc. But these are typically included in the initial quote from the provider, which means there won’t be any extra surprises down the track!
What are the benefits of upgrading your office copier?
If you upgrade your office copy machine, these are the benefits that will be felt throughout your environment:
- Reduce the number of paper jams
- Convenience (fewer reprints)
- Productivity (more efficient workflow and less wasted paper)
- Increase the print quality and clarity by using a laser printer that prints eleven lines per inch (LPI) versus eight LPI. This will help reduce any streaks or smudges on copies
- Prints double-sided to save paper costs!
- Higher quality copies due to better resolution – Less frustration when searching for documents that impact our daily workflows – Increased efficiency due to not wasting time copying things over again because it was too difficult to read before upgrading.
You can boost productivity in the workplace by investing in a high-quality copier. The cost of running your office smoothly with a reliable, efficient machine is well worth it over time as you save money on labor and waste less paper.
If you’re ready to make an investment that will help your business stay competitive, call us today so we can set up an appointment for one of our experts to come out and evaluate how your current copiers are working. We offer free consultations and will work closely with you from start to finish – there’s no obligation!